Thalikulam Snehatheeram Beach (Thrissur, Kerala, India) or simply the Snehatheeram (Eng: Love Shore) is a beach which lies on the coast of Arabian Sea. It is located at Thalikulam which is 25 km from Thrissur in the state Kerala, India. The beach is well maintained by the Department of Tourism, Kerala and had won the best beach tourism destination by the Department of Tourism,Kerala in the year 2010.
The Snehatheeram Beach is a perfect picnic spot and weekday or weekend destiny to spend the day or evening. Department of Tourism,Kerala offers good facilities for enjoying the beach and hence it attracts domestic tourists in every season.The beach offers a childrens park and it house an aquarium with a huge variety of marine flora and also it have a well maintained garden and tiled walkway through out the area.Visitors can enjoy the sandy shore, the beach park and lovely sunsets which makes its best of its kind.
Name: Thalikulam Snehatheeram Beach or Snehatheeram or Love Shore
Place: Thalikulam, Thrissur District in Kerala, India
Open Hours: All day[/one_half]
Entry Fees: Rs. 10 for adult and Rs. 5 for children
How to Reach Snehatheeram Beach:
- Nearest railway station: Thrissur, about 16 km away
- Nearest airport: Cochin International Airport, about 46 km away [/one_half]
Places to Visit Near Snehatheeram Beach:
- Poomala Dam (35.6 km from Snehatheeram Beach)
- Vilangan Hills (27.7 km from Snehatheeram Beach)
- Dreamworld Water Park (47.5 km from Snehatheeram Beach
- Archaeological Museum, Thrissur (26.2 km from Snehatheeram Beach
- Shakthan Thampuran Palace (24.8 km from Snehatheeram Beach)
- Nehru Park,Thrissur (0.0 km from Snehatheeram Beach)
- Ilanjippara Waterfalls (0.0 km from Snehatheeram Beach)
- Peechi Dam (44.2 km from Snehatheeram Beach)
Image Credit © to Madhu Kannan via Flickr
tags:Thalikulam Snehatheeram Best Beach in Kerala, Places to visit in kerala, beaches in kerala, weekend trips.